Melbourne University Rifle Company, South Lawn, 1885.
See the dude in the back left corner? That’s Monash - Australia’s Tony Stark.
Before he was knighted, or became general of the Australian forces in WW1, or helped build Princes Bridge, or helped connect Victoria’s power grid, or fought for workers rights, he went to university AT SIXTEEN. He completed THREE masters - arts, engineering, and law.
His hirsuite ‘stache decorates our $100 bill.
- sefton-iris likes this
- jekaclover likes this
- handholdingisnice reblogged this from historicaustralia
- darksilenceinsuburbia likes this
- handholdingisnoice likes this
- lizisbored likes this
- carnarium reblogged this from truthofmasks
- nappingbeauty likes this
- andwhenithappens likes this
- pond-weed likes this
- xlycanthropy likes this
- cephesus likes this
- heavyweaponsgirl reblogged this from securelyonafairywing
- ifonlywords likes this
- not-an-owl likes this
- timesforgotten likes this
- blackthings likes this
- tehloki reblogged this from kawaiimon
- sorrowbynamesorrowbynature likes this
- securelyonafairywing reblogged this from historicaustralia and added:
- specspectacle likes this
- verymilkytea reblogged this from seabomb and added:
- kanly likes this
- hyacinthsatdawn likes this
- seabomb reblogged this from historicaustralia and added:
- ianmckinleyisdumb likes this
- historicaustralia reblogged this from stvitussdance
- stvitussdance posted this